Looking for Security Management Analyst and Lead for downtown DC
The IT Security Incident Management Lead will be responsible for evolving, executing, and maintaining the incident management program for a federal agency to ensure rapid detection and response to all information security incidents in accordance with FISMA, OMB and NIST at a minimum.
The Incident Management Lead will work directly with the agency’s CSIRT Response Manager and CISO providing support to assist the Agency in the maturation of their Information Security Program. The position will be responsible for managing a team of functional and technical security professionals. This person will work closely with senior management, other team members, and operation teams to ensure security best practices are implemented across the agency.
• Lead a team providing a 24X7 incident management capability with primary emphasis on detection and response coordination and reporting leveraging the client’s existing and future managed network and security operations managed services.
• Evolve, execute and maintain the agency’s Information Security Architecture to ensure the minimization of time between detection and response by establishing a defense in depth architecture with emphasis on the proactive side of the “kill chain”.
• The contactor shall evolve, execute and maintain the Agency unclassified Insider Threat program by developing, executing and maintaining Threat and Protection Profiles for identified insider threat thus ensuring the effectiveness of the program.
• Provide expertise and advise on Incident Management best practices across the public and private sectors
• Report on and communicate status of Incident Management initiatives to agency upper management
• 4 year college degree; minimum 5 years work experience supporting an IT department of a public or private entity.
• Subject Matter Expert in Incident Management
• Prior experience communicating status of Incident Management Program areas to agency upper management
• Ability to work and lead by example in a highly collaborative environment with peers and senior government officials.
• Ability to hold a Secret Clearance (must be US or naturalized citizen)
• Ability to maintain a strong awareness of local, national and international trends and developments in the area of security.
• Strong project management, technical writing and communication skills required